Chicago Tribune reporter Rosemary Sobol with the overnight crime report, including four Chicago shootings, an abandoned building fire, and a fatal shooting in the south suburbs. (Posted on: April 15, 2013)
A wrap-up of news from the Tribune's breaking news desk.
• A 37-year-old man is facing felony charges after allegedly hurling bricks at the front window of a police station in the Rogers Park
neighborhood early Sunday, police said. Read more
• A 27-year-old man has died following a Sunday night shooting at his south suburban Dolton home, authorities said. Read more
• A 17-year-old boy was seriously wounded in the neck in the Englewood neighborhood, one of four people shot overnight on the South and West sides. Read more
• DUI charges have been filed against a Joliet man who collided with a police SUV in the Austin neighborhood on the West Side, killing a passenger inside his car, police said. Read more
• A man from Alsip has been charged with the fatal shooting of a 33-year-old man in the South Chicago neighborhood, police said. Read more
• A Chicago Fire Department captain injured his knee while battling a suspicious fire late Sunday at a vacant building on the Far South Side. Read more
We've upgraded our reader commenting system. Learn more
about the new features.
Los Angeles Times welcomes civil dialogue about our stories; you must register with the site to participate. We filter comments for language and adherence to our Terms of Service, but not for factual accuracy. By commenting, you agree to these legal terms
. Please flag inappropriate comments.
Having technical problems? Check here