Whether it's the number worn by a player during the streak or a statistic you might not have known, there are 71 reasons for UConn fans to strut around Connecticut.
1. Longest winning streak in NCAA Division I women's basketball history
2. Worn by Tahirah Williams
3. Worn by Tiffany Hayes
4. Number of consecutive regular season Big East championships
5. Worn by Caroline Doty
6. Notre Dame's ranking when UConn beat the Irish Monday
7. National championships — if they win this year
8. Turnovers by Florida State guard Courtney Ward this season
9. Number of Geno's ties auctioned for charity
10. Number of Final Fours
11. Field goals by Northeastern and Villanova this season
12. Margin of victory over Stanford this season
13. Worn by Jacquie Fernandes
14. Steals during win at Providence in 2008-09
15. Number of players in Huskies of Honor after Tina Charles
16. and 0: In the Big East regular season, two straight seasons
17. Number of consecutive wins needed to tie UCLA's John Wooden
18. Number of consecutive wins needed to become king of the world
UConn Women's Record-Breaking Streak: 71 Things To Know
We've upgraded our reader commenting system. Learn more about the new features.
Los Angeles Times welcomes civil dialogue about our stories; you must register with the site to participate. We filter comments for language and adherence to our Terms of Service, but not for factual accuracy. By commenting, you agree to these legal terms. Please flag inappropriate comments.
Having technical problems? Check here for guidance.