| Sep 10, 2012
| 5:12 PM
Reality shows can sometimes turn into nightmares, and not only for the people watching. A woman hired to clean a home in The Woodlands for a future episode of TLC's "Hoarding: buried alive" ended hospitalized with a respiratory disease probably caused by...
| Jun 8, 2012
| 1:05 AM
SIOUX FALLS (AP) - While many Oglala Sioux residents living on the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation had heard about an outbreak of hantavirus in the Navajo Nation in 1993, they weren't worried about the disease spread by rodents until a 7-year-old member...
| Sep 13, 2012
| 3:55 PM
The National Park Service announced Thursday that a ninth person has been confirmed to be infected with a hantavirus infection.
The patient is said to have visited Yosemite National Park recently.
The NPS is working with the Centers for Disease...
| Sep 27, 2012
| 12:51 PM
Almost 100 employees at Yosemite National Park were tested this week for the hantavirus.
The 96 employees volunteered to take the written survey and blood test. The tests were done Wednesday, and were conducted by the California Department of Public...
| Sep 14, 2012
| 5:33 AM
YOSEMITE, Calif. -- Another person has been sickened by hantavirus originating in Yosemite National Park, the ninth case in a rash of the rodent-borne disease that has killed three visitors since mid-June.
The latest case sickened a California resident...
| May 14, 2010
| 7:22 AM
LOS ANGELES -- As the temperatures start to rise, so too do unwanted pests in and around your house. Residents of a number of Los Angeles neighborhoods are reporting rat infestations in their homes.
With the recent discovery of mice infected with...
| Jun 28, 2010
| 10:07 PM
A harvest mouse trapped during routine monitoring in the Fairbanks Ranch area of Carmel Valley tested positive for hantavirus, the San Diego County Department of Environmental Health announced Monday.
"We want to remind people to be aware that hantavirus...
| Mar 18, 2011
| 5:22 AM
PIERRE, S.D. (AP) — The Health Department says South Dakotans should be mindful of hantavirus when they start doing spring cleanup in sheds, barns and other places where mice can be found.
Hantavirus is a disease that can cause the lungs to fill...
| Mar 25, 2011
| 1:30 AM
For many of us, the onset of spring in the Dakotas means that it's time to get back out to that cabin, shed, or trailer that we winterized before the snow flew last fall. Despite our best efforts to seal those buildings up tight against the ravages of a...
| Aug 14, 2010
Coming across a mouse while you're camping isn't unusual.
But that's what almost killed an Everett man.
Brad Erdahl was camping near Leavenworth when he spotted a mouse in his camper.
He scared the little critter off and then swept up some droppings it...