| Dec 11, 2012
| 5:27 PM
Gilbert Roosevelt Shumaker Jr., 53, of 10913 Rosewood Drive, Hagerstown, Md., died on Monday, Dec. 10, 2012, at Meritus Medical Center.
Born March 14, 1959, in Washington County, Md., he was the son of Thelma Madaline Eavey Shumaker Nicodemus of...
| Nov 30, 2012
| 5:09 AM
BOYNE CITY -- Imagine you are 16, have visual impairments, can't often hang out with others your age and nearly everything in your world is different from your peers. This is how Sarah Grose, a 10th grade student at Concord Academy Boyne, began her...
| Nov 9, 2012
Gordon Biersch Brewery
639 E. Boughton Rd.
March of Dimes Suburban Signature Chefs Auction
Wednesday, November 14
Bolingbrook Golf Club
2001 Rodeo Drive Bolingbrook
| Nov 9, 2012
| 9:52 AM
Just look at these statistics from The March of Dimes:
- In the United States, 1 in 8 babies is born prematurely.
- Worldwide, 13 million babies are born too soon each year.
- We’re working to address the crisis at home and abroad.
| Nov 16, 2012
| 9:39 PM
Today (Nov. 17) is World Prematurity Day.
The March of Dimes Foundation is asking people to wear purple today to raise awareness of this issue.
According to a release, 15 million babies worldwide are born prematurely each year. For more...
| Sep 30, 2012
| 1:00 AM
CALEXICO — Families and friends strolled through picking up healthy snacks, packets of invaluable information and more during the third annual Baby & Children’s Expo & Resource Fair at the Imperial Valley Mall on Saturday afternoon.
| Oct 2, 2012
| 2:03 PM
- The Wolves won 76 percent (211-61-6) of their football games between 1946-76.
- The 64th annual Gypsy Day game on Oct. 9, 1982, was cancelled against St. Cloud State. A monsoon-like rainstorm came through Aberdeen that morning and flooded Swisher Field....
| Nov 18, 2012
Jersey Mike’s Subs
Jersey Mike’s Subs of Hagerstown recently was named a finalist for the Small Employer Award in the 2012 Maryland Chamber/Baltimore Business Journal Business Philanthropy Awards.
Nominated by the Hagerstown-Washington...