• Business Support Specialist, led by Linda Spence, handles small business, existing business and retention support.
• Small Business Development, led by Sam Devaram, handles small-business financing and strategic planning.
• Marketing, led by Tabitha Porterfield, handles economic development strategic marketing and communications initiatives.
• Project Coordination, led by Terry Irwin, assists new commercial projects and business expansion projects through the regulatory process.
• Office Support Coordination handles research and team support functions.
• Strategic Plan Coordination handles the implementation of the Strategic Economic Development Plan.
County Administrator Greg Murray is managing the EDC staff and Chairman Daniel Pheil manages the EDC Board of Directors and ex-officio members. The board of directors consists of the following subcommittees:
• Workforce Development
• Strategic Planning Taskforce
• Small Business Development
• Site Development and Regulations
• Marketing and Public Relations
In closing, we want to emphasize that we will not be completely satisfied until we have “full employment” in Washington County. We will continue to pursue economic development opportunities that improve the living standard of our citizens while using our resources as efficiently as possible.
County Commissioners President Terry L. Baker
County Commissioners Vice President John F. Barr
County Commissioner Ruth Anne Callaham
County Commissioner Jeffrey Cline
County Commissioner William B. McKinley
Hagerstown-Washington County EDC Chairman Daniel Pheil