Here is the Morning MoJo Report for Friday, Dec. 7:
* As of 7:30 a.m., traffic was sluggish on I-270 southbound and I-495 in both directions, but was running fine on all the other interstates throughout the area. There was an accident on U.S. 340 at Keep Tryst Road, according to a supervisor for Washington County Emergency Services,
* The MARC Train, Commuter Buses, light rail, metro bus service and mobility service were all running on time and operating on their regular schedules, according to the Maryland Transit Administration's website, mta.maryland.gov. Check the HMTV6 weather blog at hagerstownblogs.com/brittany-beggs/ for weather updates.
* Work to improve U.S. Alternate 40 and Poffenberger Road continues. Poffenberger Road is closed between Garis Shop Road and Sharpsburg Pike (Md. 65). Traffic on U.S. Alternate 40 may be reduced to one lane at times. Workers are assisting traffic there when needed.
* Work to improve the intersection of U.S. 40 and Md. 63 is expected to continue until the spring of 2013, according to the Maryland State Highway Administration. Workers are assisting traffic in the area when needed. Expect lane closures at times.
* Rice Road is expected to remain closed for about 10 more weeks for a culvert replacement, according to the Washington County Division of Public Works. Resley Road is serving as its designated detour route.
* Speed cameras have been placed on I-70 at Conococheague Creek for work zone safety as part of the bridge rehabilitation project there, according to the Maryland State Highway Administration.. Motorists driving more than 12 miles over the posted speed limit of 55 miles per hour will face a $40 citation.
Morning MoJo report - Dec. 7
We've upgraded our reader commenting system. Learn more about the new features.
Los Angeles Times welcomes civil dialogue about our stories; you must register with the site to participate. We filter comments for language and adherence to our Terms of Service, but not for factual accuracy. By commenting, you agree to these legal terms. Please flag inappropriate comments.
Having technical problems? Check here for guidance.