Nespresso Pixie Machines Smarter and Smaller Blog Event with Ted Allen, host of Chopped on the Food Network www.nespresso.com
Recipes featured by Ted Allen using the Nespresso Pixie
Chocolate Espresso Pancakes
2 cups all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon freshly grated orange zest
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
2 large eggs, *separated (separating is optional, but will give a lighter texture and keep the pancakes from being too rich---although true chocoholics won't mind the richness)
1 & 1/2 cups buttermilk
3 oz ristretto
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
For the Raspberry Coulis
2 & 1/2 cups raspberries, fresh or frozen
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
freshly whipped cream
a few sprigs of mint
Chocolate Espresso Granola (dress in a coffee mug with Yogurt bottom)
5 cups rolled oats (the "rolled" part is important)
1 1/2 cups sliced almonds: sunflower seeds, chopped walnuts, pecans or cashews
1 cup dried unsweetened shredded coconut, optional, but worthwhile
3oz of VOLUTTO OR CAPRICCIO
2 Tbsp. cocoa powder
1 tsp cinnamon
pinch of salt
1 large, ripe banana
1/4 cup canola oil
1 cup agave syrup, honey or maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup dried fruit, very optional, try blueberries, raisins, cranberries, sultanas, currants, apple, fig, banana
1 cup chocolate chips, also very optional
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Get out 2 large mixing bowls.
3. In the first mixing bowl, mix together all the ingredients on the above list from "rolled oats" to "salt".
4. In the second mixing bowl, mash up the banana then whisk in the oil, syrup and vanilla. ADD 3 oz of VOLUTTO OR CAPRICCIO
5. Mix both the ingredients in both bowls together.
6. Spread the mixture on a sheet pan and bake for about 40 minutes, stirring every ten minutes or so to prevent burning. NOTE: You might need 2 baking sheets to spread the mixture thin enough.
1. Remove from the oven and allow the mixture to cool. Add any dried fruit or chocolate chips.
Food Networks CHOPPED Ted Allen
We've upgraded our reader commenting system. Learn more about the new features.
Los Angeles Times welcomes civil dialogue about our stories; you must register with the site to participate. We filter comments for language and adherence to our Terms of Service, but not for factual accuracy. By commenting, you agree to these legal terms. Please flag inappropriate comments.
Having technical problems? Check here for guidance.