Mercy Home for Boys and Girls is a privately funded child care and child welfare agency. It was founded in 1887 by the Rev. Louis Campbell, a Chicago priest, as a shelter for boys called St. Paul's Home for Working Boys, above a Catholic library near the Board of Trade building. Later that year it was officially incorporated as an organization in the Catholic Archdiocese of Chicago. In 1889, Mercy Home moved to 1140 W. Jackson Blvd., its current headquarters. Mercy Home opened a home for girls in 1987. In 1990, it was renamed Mercy Home for Boys and Girls. Its residential, aftercare, referral and mentoring services are offered to more than 650 children and teens a year at locations across the city.