Last week’s ranking in parentheses, statistics are through Friday’s games:
1. ST. LOUIS: The Cardinals are continuing to hack down the competition. (1)
2. KANSAS CITY: Raul Mondesi Jr. will play in the Futures Game — if Royals fans don’t vote him as an All Star first. (2)
3. WASHINGTON: At this point, Max Scherzer is a no-hitter threat every time he starts. (16)
4. HOUSTON: The Astros remain in first place despite an up-and-down June. (4)
5. TAMPA BAY: Chris Archer is still throwing bull’s-eyes. He’s undefeated in June. (6)
6. DODGERS: Clayton Kershaw and Zack Greinke better start hitting home runs if they want to win...