Be part of the solution to some of the biggest issues around the globe. From your next caffeine fix, to a beauty buy, Meredith Rollins, executive editor of "RedBook" Magazine stops by with a list of products that help women, children, families and charities worldwide.
1)The L'Occitane Ultra Rich Face Cream (or any L'Occitane product) - buy one and help 12-000 women who produce shea butter in Burkina Faso, Africa. the L'Occitane foundation supports 17 literary centers and finances entrepreneurial workshops for the women, helping them improve their reading skills and business savvy.Get more details at usa.loccitane.com/sheabutter
2) Newman's Own Chardonay or Cabernet Sauvignon - All profits go to the "Newman's Own Foundation," which gives roughly $26 million each year to charities such as "Feeding America" and the "Natural Resources Defense Council." Stock up on Vino at newmansownwines.com
3) African Sunrise fair-trade coffee - Get your caffeine-fix with African Sunrise fair-trade coffee sold by the Global benefit Coffee Company. One hundred percent of profits from the beans you buy will go to build wells in Rwanda through thewaterproject.org. In 2010, the group helped 100,000 Africans get clean water. Order at thewaterproject.org/global-benefit-coffee.php
4) Lush's Charity Pot body lotion - Show your skin some love and slather on Lush's Charity Pot Body Llotion, made with fair trade cocoa butter. The full cot of the $20.95 tub will benefit one of the 14 organizations that Lush partners with, including Ocean Conservancy and UNICEF. Get yours at lush.com/charitypot
5) Philosophy's Green Fresh Pear Shampoo Shower Gel and Bubble Bath - Soak in a bubble bath using Philosophy's Green Gel. Buy a bottle for $20 at philosophy.com/shop-for-a-cause and 100 percent of the net proceeds will benefit the Rainforest Foundation. So far, Philosophy has helped save 6.6 million acres of forests in Central and South America
6) MAC's Viva Glam Lipstick - Doll yourself up with MAC's Viva Glam lipstick - one tube will supply a woman living with HIV in Africa with a month of free transportation, to travel to and from her doctor's visits through the MAC AIDS Fund. Order at maccosmetics.com/vivaglam