Travel Travel News & Deals

Las Vegas: Citing health, Celine Dion cancels Caesars shows, Asia trip

Celine Dion has canceled her Vegas shows through March. She cited health reasons -- hers and her husband's.

Citing health reasons, singer Celine Dion announced Wednesday that she is canceling her Las Vegas performances at Caesars at least through next March as well as a tour through Asia that had been planned for the fall.

The Canadian superstar is suffering from a throat inflammation, but the health of Rene Angelil, her husband and her onetime (and longtime) manager, also appears to be an issue.

Angelil had a cancerous tumor removed from his throat in December. The months since then have been “difficult and stressful,” according to the announcement, as the couple deal with “the day-to-day challenges of fighting this disease.”

Dion has indefinitely postponed all concerts through March 22 at the Colosseum at Caesars Palace.

"I want to devote every ounce of my strength and energy to my husband's healing, and to do so, it's important for me to dedicate this time to him and to our children,” she said in a prepared statement. “I also want to apologize to all my fans everywhere for inconveniencing them and I thank them so much for their love and support.”

Dion began performing on the Strip in 2003 in the theater built specifically for her. She performed 928 shows at the Colosseum, playing to more than 3.5 million people, a publicist said. She canceled her concerts beginning July 30 because of an inflammation of throat muscles.

Holders of tickets to canceled shows will receive automatic refunds if they paid by credit card. Those who paid cash can get refunds at the original point of sale.

Follow us on Twitter at @latimestravel

Copyright © 2015, Los Angeles Times
Related Content
Comments
Loading