10. While not yet a ride or attraction, Disney's 2010 acquisition of Marvel Comics promises to alter the theme park landscape for decades to come. Incorporating Marvel superheroes into Disney's fairy-tale cast of characters may seem like a storytelling leap, but the theme park giant has pulled off the feat before. Through the years, Disney theme parks have created shows, rides and attractions with third parties ("Star Wars," "Indiana Jones," "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles") and incorporated acquired properties (the Muppets, Winnie the Pooh, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers).
Copyright © 2017, Los Angeles Times
- Recreational and Sporting Goods Industry
- Theme Park Vacations
- Tourism and Leisure
- Amusement and Theme Parks
- Marvel Entertainment, LLC
- Indiana Jones (fictional character)