49 summer delights in the Pacific Northwest
There's still time. The calendar says we have six weeks before summer slips away, so here's a hit list of 49 striking scenes and seasonally appropriate delights in Oregon, Washington and British Columbia. My family and I found them all on a 12-day, 1,100-mile road trip that began in Seattle, veered north to Canada, then south again to Portland. We finished on Aug. 5.
-- Christopher Reynolds, Los Angeles Times
Copyright © 2013, Los Angeles Times
- Stocks fall on disappointing earnings 12/11/2013, 12:07 p.m.
- World Bank chief says Fed can reduce taper risk with communication 12/11/2013, 8:12 a.m.
- New Orleans: Free walking tours that go beyond the French Quarter 12/11/2013, 8:00 a.m.
- 12 cookbooks from chefs that can make us better cooks 12/11/2013, 8:00 a.m.
- SAG Award nominations: '12 Years a Slave,' 'Butler' lead the way 12/11/2013, 10:10 a.m.
- TV ratings: 'Victoria's Secret Fashion Show' wins; 'SHIELD' hits low - Company Town - latimes.com 12/11/2013, 12:12 p.m.
- Redskins' Mike Shanahan shuts down Robert Griffin III for the season - Sports - latimes.com 12/11/2013, 12:12 p.m.
- Stocks slump following disappointing earnings - L.A. Times - Business 12/11/2013, 1:26 p.m.
- Ex-Kings goalie Jonathan Bernier wins praise in Toronto - Sports - latimes.com 12/11/2013, 12:06 p.m.
- Officials investigate death of Texas student during traffic stop - Nation - latimes.com 12/11/2013, 11:59 a.m.