Who knew? Las Vegas' McCarran International Airport is the second-most-satisfying large airport in the nation. So says a J.D. Power and Associates study of North American airports released Tuesday. Philadelphia was No. 1 overall among large airports. LAX, holding steady, finished in the middle of the pack again.
The study is based on responses from 21,165 passengers who took round-trip flights between April of last year and March of this year.
Here are the top 10 large airports (30 million passengers or more a year) that travelers liked:
1. Philadelphia International Airport
2. McCarran International Airport (Las Vegas)
3. Orlando International Airport (Florida)
4. George Bush Intercontinental Airport (Houston)
5. Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport
6. Miami International Airport
7. JFK Airport (New York)
8. Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport
9. Newark Airport
10. Charlotte Douglas International Airport (N.C.)
TRAVEL NEWS & TIPS
J.D. Power ranks Americas most satisfying airports
We've upgraded our reader commenting system. Learn more about the new features.
Los Angeles Times welcomes civil dialogue about our stories; you must register with the site to participate. We filter comments for language and adherence to our Terms of Service, but not for factual accuracy. By commenting, you agree to these legal terms. Please flag inappropriate comments.
Having technical problems? Check here for guidance.