HERSHEY PARK CONTEST
1. TO ENTER:
(a) You must be 18 years of age or older and a legal resident of Pennsylvania, New Jersey or Delaware. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Contest begins Monday, June 25, 2012 11:59PM EST and ends on Monday, August 6, 2012 at 11:59 PM EST (the “Contest Period”).
(b) To enter log onto www.PHL17.com, click on the contest link, and follow the contest instructions. Entrants must complete the on-line entry form in its entirety. Entry must include Entrant’s full address (including city, state and zip code), daytime phone number, mobile number, age, e-mail address and video.
(c) Limit one entry per person and per e-mail address; subsequent entries from a single person e-mail address will be discarded or deleted. Entrants must use their own name. Except as required under the rules, copies or other mechanical reproductions, facsimiles, entries containing technical or electronic reproductions, entries containing attached files are not eligible and will be rejected. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, incomplete, damaged, illegible, late, or misdirected entries, or for errors in mechanical transmission, technical difficulties or inability to transmit Internet entries.
2. SELECTION OF WINNERS:
(a) Entry Period: Monday, June 25, 2012 at 8:59AM EST to Monday, July 30, 2012 at 11:59 PM EST. Limit one entry per person and per e-mail address; subsequent entries from a single person e-mail address will be discarded or deleted. Additional entries by the same e-mail address or household shall be dismissed. Entries must be received by July 30, 2012 at 11:59 PM EST. Entries received after the entry deadline will be disqualified.
(b) At the conclusion of the “entry period” a panel of three judges comprised of WPHL staff will evaluate each entry and award points based on (i) originality, (ii) creativity, and (iii) composition. Additional points awarded on caption comments based on (i) creativity (ii) cleverness. Ten (10) video submissions that score the highest will be selected and tentatively declared a finalist, subject to eligibility verification and compliance with these rules.
(c) Voting Period: Beginning on or about Monday, July 30, 2012 and ending Monday, August 6, 2012 at 11:59 PM EST, (the “Voting Period”), all members of the public 18 years of age or older as of the date the “Entry Period” commences will be invited to go online and cast votes for any and all of the valid video submissions of the chosen finalists, posted on PHL17.com. Voting is unlimited during the “Voting Period” and voters will have to verify information to prevent internet tampering.
(d) Winner Selection: (i) The top vote-getter after the end of the “Voting Period” (Monday, August 6, 2012 at 11:59 PM EST) will be tentatively declared the Grand Prize Winner, subject to eligibility verification and compliance with the rules. (ii) Winner will be notified by telephone on or about Monday, August 6, 2012 and must acknowledge notification on or before 5:00PM EST Monday, August 13, 2012, by calling (215)883-3350. If the Grand Prize Winner cannot be reached by telephone or fails to respond to the notification, by 5:00 PM EST Monday, August 13, 2012, is found to be ineligible, or otherwise fails to comply with these Official Rules, that entrant shall be disqualified and the entrant whose photo submission received the next-highest number of votes shall be declared the Grand Prize Winner, subject to successful notification, eligibility verification and compliance with these rules.
Subject to eligibility verification, one (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive four (4) tickets to Hershey Park and an appearance on Eye Opener. Approximate Retail Value of the Grand Prize is: $227.80. The actual ARV may vary depending on location. Any difference between the actual value and the stated ARV will not be awarded.
4. CLEARANCE & PERMISSIONS: By entering, each entrant confirms that he/she is the owner of the copyright in the submitted video and the videos are their own original creations, have not been previously published, do not violate the rights of any other person or company (including but not limited to any privacy or copyright rights), do not defame, libel, slander anyone or any entity, do not contain offensive, indecent, vulgar, obscene or profane content. If the video depicts a readily identifiable person, the entrant must submit the name, address, and phone number of each person who is readily identifiable in the video. This information may be used to contact the subject of the submitted video if Sponsor deems necessary prior to publication. Persons depicted in a video submission may be required to execute a Video Release and Waiver of Liability prior to publication; and if an executed release is required by Sponsor, failure to provide same will result in disqualification. Videos that do not comply with these rules shall be disqualified. Contest is limited to amateur videos only, and an amateur is defined as an individual earning 10 percent or less of their income from videography.
5. CONDITIONS & RESTRICTIONS:
(a) Entrants agree Sponsors have the sole right to decide all matters and disputes arising from this Contest and that its decision is final and binding. Except where prohibited by law, entrants agree to allow use of their name, voice, video, likeness, biographical information and any information provided on entry form or video, in any medium of communication now known or hereafter discovered, including without limitation, print, Internet, radio and/or television and for any purpose, including advertising, promotional or other purposes, by Sponsor and/or its affiliates, without additional compensation, notice, review or approval. The parents or legal guardians of the subject(s) of any photo submission who is under 18 years of age may be asked for permission to use such individual's name, voice, video, likeness, biographical information and any information provided on entry form, in any medium of communication now known or hereafter discovered, including without limitation, print, Internet, radio and/or television and for any purpose, including advertising, promotional or other purposes, by Sponsor and/or its affiliates, without additional compensation, notice, review or approval.
(b) By participating in this Contest, you agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of Sponsors, and you hereby forever and irrevocably release, indemnify and holds harmless each of the Sponsors and their officers, directors, employees, representatives, agents, shareholders, successors and assigns, from any liability, claims, demands, judgments, proceedings, causes of action, lawsuits, injuries, death, costs, expenses or damages, due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including but not limited to death) or property of any kind, arising from, resulting from, or in connection with, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from the Contest and any element or activity thereof, the entrant’s participation in, entry in, or in ability to enter the Contest, or any Contest-related activity, or the entrant’s acceptance, use, misuse, inability to use, possession, travel related to, or defect of any prize, or any violation of entrants privacy, publicity, personal and proprietary rights, or the collection, use and/or sharing of entrant’s personally identifiable information by Sponsor or its designees; any change in the prizing (or any components thereof) due to unavailability, business or creative considerations, or due to reasons beyond Sponsor’s control, any late, lost, stolen, mutilated, misdirected, illegible, delayed, garbled, corrupted, destroyed, incomplete, undeliverable or damaged entries, any wrongful, negligent, or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any of the Contest Entities, or any of their agents or employees, lost, stolen, damaged, delayed, or misdirected baggage, lost, late, stolen, misdirected, damaged or destroyed prizing (or any element thereof), and any typographical errors in these Official Rules or any Contest promotional materials.
Winners agree to appear on-air if requested by PHL17 WPHL-TV. The Winners may be required to complete a W9 form an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release form (to be provided by the Sponsor); and all other additional release forms or paperwork required by the Sponsor and/or Sponsor Affiliates. Each Winner will receive a 1099 tax form reflecting the actual value of any prize valued at $600 or more.
(c ) Sponsors shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitution or any act or omissions whatsoever by the air carriers, hotel, or any other persons or entities providing any of the Prize elements or services.
6. PRIZE RESTRICTIONS:
(a) Prizes are non-transferable, non-negotiable and (except as provided by their terms) not redeemable for cash, credit or merchandise. If any prize becomes unavailable for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of comparable value. Returned or unclaimed prizes will be forfeited and no alternate winners will be selected. Winners are solely responsible for all axes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use, as well as for any costs that are not expressly stated herein . Prize Winners will be contacted via telephone by a representative from PHL17 and will be given specific information regarding prize redemption. Winner must present valid government issued proof of identification, and shall have a valid passport if so required for purposes of the travel. Only one Prize will be awarded per person and per household.
(b) Other than the elements of the Prizes specifically described in these Official Rules, Winners shall be responsible for all other expenses and arrangements connected with their Prizes, including, but not limited to, local/ground transportation to/from Philadelphia International airport, sightseeing or entertainment other than defined in the Prizes and all other incidental expenses connected with the Prizes. Prizes include only those features specified herein and are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied, by Sponsors.
7. ELIGIBILITY: Contest is not open to employees of Sponsors or any other media companies in the WPHL viewing area, or their immediate family members, or to employees or immediate family of any of Sponsors’ affiliated companies, licensees, advertising or promotional agencies. Any member of a household that has been awarded a prize in any other contest or Contest offered by PHL17 in the thirty days prior to the commencement of this Contest is ineligible.
8. WINNERS LIST: For a list of winners, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope after August 6, 2012 to: List of Winners, “Hershey Park Contest”, PHL17 WPHL-TV, 5001 Wynnefield Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19131. Requests for winners' names must be received by September 7, 2011.
9. INTERNET: If for any reason the Internet portion of this Contest is not capable of running as planned, or if the Internet portion of this Contest or any website associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or does not allow the proper playing of the Internet portion of this Contest and processing of entries in accordance with these rules, or if infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes, in the Sponsors’ sole opinion, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Internet portion of this Contest, the Sponsors reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual implicated in such action and/or to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Internet portion of this Contest. If such cancellation, termination, modification, or suspension occurs, notification will be posted at the Contest website. ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE FAIR AND LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM THE CONTEST. Contest rules shall be governed and enforced pursuant to Pennsylvania law, excluding choice of law provisions.
10. SPONSORS: Contest is sponsored by WPHL (TV) 5001 Wynnefield Ave., Philadelphia, PA 19131.Copyright © 2014, Los Angeles Times