"THE PERFECT COMBO" CONTESTPHL17 WPHL TV OFFICIAL RULES
1. TO ENTER: (a) You must be 18 years of age or older and a legal resident of Pennsylvania, New Jersey or Delaware. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Contest begins Wednesday, May 18, 2011 and ends on or about 8:59AM EST on Thursday, May 26, 2011(the "Contest Period"). Entries must be received by 8:59AM EST on Thursday, May 26, 2011. Entries received after the entry deadline will be disqualified.
(b) To enter log onto www.PHL17.com, and click on the contest link and follow the contest instructions. Entrants must complete the on-line entry form in its entirety. Entry must include Entrant's full address (including city, state and zip code); (D) daytime phone number; and (E) mobile number (F) Age (G) e-mail address and (H) photo.
(c) Limit one entry per person and per e-mail address; subsequent entries from a single person e-mail address will be discarded or deleted. Entrants must use their own name. Except as required under the rules, copies or other mechanical reproductions, facsimiles, entries containing technical or electronic reproductions, entries containing attached files are not eligible and will be rejected. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, incomplete, damaged, illegible, late, or misdirected entries, or for errors in mechanical transmission, technical difficulties or inability to transmit Internet entries.
2. SELECTION OF WINNERS:
(a) Entry Period. (i) Wednesday, May 18, 2011 to Thursday, May 26, 2011 at 8:59AM EST. Limit one entry per person and per e-mail address; subsequent entries from a single person e-mail address will be discarded or deleted. Additional entries by the same e-mail address or household shall be dismissed.
(b) At the conclusion of the "entry period" a panel of three judges comprised of WPHL staff will evaluate each entry and award points based on (i) originality, (ii) creativity, and (iii) composition. Additional points awarded on caption comments based on (i) creativity (ii) cleverness. Forty (40) photo submissions that score the highest will be selected and tentatively declared Semi-finalists, subject to eligibility verification and compliance with these rules.
(c) Voting Period. Beginning on or about Thursday, May 26, 2011 and ending Monday, June 6, 2011 at 8:59AM EST, (the "Voting Period"), all members of the public 18 years of age or older as of the date the "Entry Period" commences will be invited to go online and cast votes for any and all of the valid photo submissions of the chosen semi-finalists, posted on PHL17.com. Voting is unlimited during the "Voting Period" and voters will have to provide certain information in connection with the vote, including name, age, and email.
(d) Winner Selection. (i) The top vote-getter after the end of the "Voting Period" (Monday, June 6, 2011 at 8:59AM EST) will be tentatively declared the Grand Prize Winner, subject to eligibility verification and compliance with the rules. (ii) Winner will be notified by telephone on or about Monday, June 6, 2011 and must acknowledge notification on or before 5:00PM EST Monday, June 13, 2011, by calling (215)883-3334. If the Grand Prize Winner cannot be reached by telephone or fails to respond to the notification, by 5:00 PM EST Monday, June 13, 2011, is found to be ineligible, or otherwise fails to comply with these Official Rules, that entrant shall be disqualified and the entrant whose photo submission received the next-highest number of votes shall be declared the Grand Prize Winner, subject to successful notification, eligibility verification and compliance with these rules.
3. PRIZES: One (1) Entrant will be selected as a finalist and declared a winner pending eligibility verification and will receive one (1) two hundred and fifty dollar ($250) Visa gift certificate. Approximate Retail Value of the prize: $250.00. Winner will be required to claim prize in person at PHL17 WPHL-TV during normal business hours, Monday-Friday 9:00 AM-5:00 PM at 5001 Wynnefield Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19131. Winner will be required to show valid government-issued proof of identity. Only one Prize will be awarded per person and per household.
4. CLEARANCE & PERMISSIONS: By entering, each entrant confirms that he/she is the owner of the copyright in the submitted photo. Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, disqualify and decline to publish any photo submissions that it reasonably believes are not the entrants' own original creations, have already been published, violate the rights of any other person or entity (including but not limited to copyrights), contain offensive, defamatory, vulgar or profane content, or contain fraudulent or false information. If the photograph depicts a readily identifiable person, the entrant must submit the name, address, and phone number of each person who is readily identifiable in the picture. This information may be used to contact the subject of the submitted photo if Sponsor deems necessary prior to publication. Persons depicted in a photo submission may be required to execute a Photo Release and Waiver of Liability prior to publication; and if an executed release is required by Sponsor, failure to provide same will result in disqualification. By entering, entrants agree to indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, its parent companies and affiliates, and each of their employees, representatives, contractors, sponsors and advertisers, from any and all liability, loss, damage, costs or claims related to the publication of submitted photos and entry information.
5. CONDITIONS & RESTRICTIONS: (a) Entrants agree Sponsor has the sole right to decide all matters and disputes arising from this Contest and that its decision is final and binding. Except where prohibited by law, entrants agree to allow use of their name, voice, photograph, likeness, biographical information and any information provided on entry form or in the submitted essay, in any medium of communication now known or hereafter discovered, including without limitation, print, Internet, radio and/or television and for any purpose, including advertising, promotional or other purposes, by Sponsor and/or its affiliates, without additional compensation, notice, review or approval.
Entrants agree Sponsors have the sole right to decide all matters and disputes arising from this Contest and that their decision is final and binding. Except where prohibited by law, entrants 18 years of age and older agree to allow use of their name, voice, photograph, likeness and any information provided on entry form, in any medium of communication, including print, Internet, radio and/or television and for any purpose, including advertising, promotional or other purposes, by Sponsors and/or its affiliates, without additional compensation. Winners by acceptance of their prize, agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsors, their respective parent companies and affiliates, and each of their employees, representatives, contractors, sponsors and advertisers, from any and all liability, loss, damage, costs or claims related to any allegation regarding the award of, the receipt of, or the use of their prize. Sponsors are not responsible for personal injury of any prize winner incurred in connection with the use of a Prize. Winners may be required to execute an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability prior to receiving a Prize. Winners assume all applicable tax liability for their prize.
6. ELIGIBILITY: Contest is not open to employees (and the immediate family members of such employees) of Sponsor or any of Sponsor's affiliated companies, licensees, advertising or promotional agencies, or sponsors.
7. WINNERS LIST: For a copy of the Official Rules or a Winners List, send a self addressed stamped envelope to "The Perfect Combo", PHL17 WPHL-TV, 5001 Wynnefield Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19131. Requests for winners' names must be received by Monday, June 13, 2011.
8. INTERNET: If for any reason, the Internet-related portion of this Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, tampering, fraud, technical failure, or any other cause which corrupts or threatens the administration, security or integrity of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to terminate or suspend the Contest or any portion of the Contest. ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE FAIR AND LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM THE CONTEST. Contest rules shall be governed and enforced pursuant to Pennsylvania law, excluding choice of law provisions. This Contest is void where prohibited by law and outside Pennsylvania.
9. SPONSOR: is sponsored by WPHL (TV) 5001 Wynnefield Ave., Philadelphia, PA 1913 Void where prohibited or restricted.Copyright © 2014, Los Angeles Times