Chef Richard Blais’ Spicy BouilliaBlais
Prep: 55 minutes Makes: 4 servings
Cook: 20 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
2 lemons, medium
2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons olive oil
1 medium carrot, peeled and diced (about 1/2 cup)
1/4 cup celery, sliced
1/2 cup fennel, diced
20 cloves garlic, peeled
1 small onion, diced (about 1/4 cup)
4 teaspoons fennel seed
2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves, crushed
2 teaspoons dried thyme leaves, crushed
4 cups Spicy Hot Low Sodium V8® 100% Vegetable Juice
4 cups Low Sodium V8® 100% Vegetable Juice
1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
4 fresh halibut fillets (about 12 ounces total)
4 fresh scallops
4 fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Healthy Request® Condensed Cream of
1 slice Whole Grain 100% Whole Wheat Bread, toasted and cut in quarters
1. Grate and zest lemon and squeeze the juice from the lemons into separate containers, set aside.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a 12-inch skillet over low heat. Add carrot, celery, fennel, 12 cloves garlic, sliced, onion, fennel seed, oregano and thyme and cook until the vegetables are soft but not browned, stirring occasionally.
3. Add vegetable juices and clams to the skillet. Increase the heat to medium and
cook until clams open. Remove clams from skillet, cover and keep warm. Cook the remaining vegetable juice mixture until reduced by one-third. Stir in basil and half the lemon zest.
4. Season fish, scallops and shrimp with the black pepper. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in separate 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add fish, shrimp and scallops and cook until browned on both sides and cooked through. Sprinkle with the remaining lemon zest, lemon juice and parsley.
5. Mince remaining garlic and stir in remaining oil in a medium bowl. Stir in 1/2 cup soup. Spread the soup mixture on the bread quarters. Reserve the remaining soup for another use.
6. Divide the fish, scallops, shrimp and vegetable juice mixture among 4 shallow
bowls. Place 1 bread quarter on each fish fillet. Top each with 2 clams.
Ingredient Note: Before cooking, discard any clams that remain open when tapped. After cooking, discard any clams that remain closed.
Nutrition Information Per Serving: 422 Calories, Total Fat 13g, Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g, Carbohydrates 44g, Cholesterol 54mg, Sodium 591mg, Fiber 9g, Protein 33g, Vitamin A 166%DV, Vitamin C 143%DV
Copyright © 2014, Los Angeles Times