1 cup of water
1 cup Splenda
1 12 ounce bag fresh cranberries
1 10 ounce bag frozen blueberries (defrosted) or mixed berries
1. In a saucepan bring water and Splenda to a boil, stirring to dissolve Splenda.
2. Add cranberries, return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 10 minutes until cranberries burst. Remove from heat.
3. Drain defrosted berries and discard liquid. Add fruit to the cranberries and stir to combine. Pour into a bowl and let cool a little before covering and placing in the refrigerator. As the sauce chills, it will become thicker.
Nutrition content per serving:
45 calories, 0g fat, 12g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 1g protein
1. Cranberries are rich in powerful antixodinats that can help prevent the damage caused by free radicals
2. Cranberry lowers harmful cholesterol (LDL) and raises good cholesterol (HDL) in the body. Researchers attribute this property of cranberries to the presence of high level of polyphenols, a type of potent antioxidant, in the fruit.
3. 1 cup of traditional cranberry sauce contains 107g of carbohydrate, that is equivalent to 7 ½ slices of white bread (almost a half loaf of bread)!Copyright © 2014, Los Angeles Times