In anticipation of Friday's snowfall, the MTA has announced several service changes on the subways and railroads.
On Friday, straphangers can expect express trains 2, 3, 4, 5, A, E, D, F, N and Q will run local in various sections of their routes.
The Metro-North will run normal service but the MTA advises passengers to check the MTA.info for any other non-weather related service delays.
The Long Island Railroad is also expected to run normal service on Friday but with extra trains in the afternoon for passengers who wish to leave New York City early for the weekend. The MTA announced these additional trains:
Port Jefferson Branch to Hicksville and Huntington
- 2:10 PM stopping at Jamaica, Carle Place and all stops to Huntington
- 2:29 PM stopping at Forest Hills, Kew Gardens, Jamaica, New Hyde Park, then all stops to Huntington
- 3:24 PM stopping at Jamaica, Mineola, Westbury and Hicksville
- 2:22 PM express to Lynbrook, then all stops to Babylon
- 3:00 PM stopping at Jamaica, Rockville Centre, then all stops to Babylon
- 3:31 PM express to Rockville Centre, then all stops to Babylon
Port Washington Branch to Great Neck
- 3:40 PM stopping Woodside, Flushing Main St., then all stops to Great Neck
Far Rockaway Branch
- 3:48 PM express to Locust Manor, Laurelton, Rosedale, Valley Stream, then all stops to Far Rockaway
Commuters are urged to visit www.mta.info throughout the day for any last-minute changes.Copyright © 2014, Los Angeles Times