1. TO ENTER: No Purchase Necessary. Entrants must be a US citizen or legal resident and a resident of Massachusetts or Connecticut, age 18 or older at the time of entry. To enter, log onto fox61.com and go to the "2009 National Train Show" sweepstakes page from Tuesday, June 23, 2009 through Sunday, July 5, 2009. Complete all required fields in the Sweepstakes entry form. ONLY ONE ENTRY PER PERSON WILL BE ACCEPTED. Duplicate entries from the same person will be disqualified.
2. DEADLINE: Entries must be received by Sunday, July 5, 2009 at 11:59PM EST. Entrants must use their own name. If any dispute arises concerning the identity of an entrant, the owner of an email account from which entry was sent shall be deemed the entrant. E-mail entries containing attached files are not eligible and will be rejected. Sponsors are not responsible for lost, incomplete, damaged, illegible, late, or misdirected entries, or for errors in mechanical transmission, technical difficulties or inability to transmit Internet entries.
3. SELECTION OF WINNERS: Fourteen (14) Winners will be selected at random from all eligible entries on or about Monday, July 6, 2009. The odds of winning depend on the number of entries received. Winners will be notified by telephone and/or e-mail within one (1) day of the drawing. If a selected Winner is ineligible the prize shall be forfeited and awarded to an alternate Winner selected by a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Only One Winner per household.
4. AWARDING & DELIVERY OF PRIZES: Winners will each receive: Four (4) tickets to the 19th Annual National Train Show at the Connecticut Convention Center (ARV: $48) (Tickets valid from July 10 July 12, 2009) and a Bachmann Casey Jones Electric train set (ARV: $125). Total value of prize is approximately $173.00. Federal, state and local taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the winner. To claim the prize, Winners must come to the FOX 61 studio: 20 Church St, Hartford CT 06103 during normal business hours, 9AM to 5PM, Monday through Friday, by July 10, 2009. Winner may be required to execute an affidavit of eligibility, and execute a release of liability prior to receiving their prize. Prizes are non-transferable, non-negotiable and not redeemable for cash, credit or merchandise. If the show is cancelled, no substitute prizes are available except at the sole discretion of Sweepstakes Sponsors. All decisions regarding interpretation of these Official Rules and administration of the Contest made by FOX61 and the National Model Railroad Association are final and binding.
5. ELIGIBILITY: Entrants must be a US citizen or legal resident and a resident of Massachusetts or Connecticut, age 18 or older at the time of entry. Winner may be required to provide proof of age, identity, and residency. Employees and immediate family members of the National Model Railroad Association, FOX61, WTXX, Tribune Television Company, their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising agencies are not eligible to win. This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited or restricted by law.
6. CONDITIONS OF ENTRY: By entering, each entrant grants permission, without further compensation, to FOX61, WTXX, Tribune Television Company, and their agents and licensees, to use the entrant's name, voice, photograph, likeness and biographical material, including name, state, and city of residence for promotional purposes in any media, in connection with the Sweepstakes. By entering, each entrant agrees that if selected as a Winner, he/she may be required to sign a release and waiver of liability. The prize may be forfeited and awarded to another entrant if a Winner does not execute the prepared form of release and waiver within the stated timeframe of the Sweepstakes, or if a selected Winner is not eligible in accordance with these rules. By entering, entrants agree to release the Connecticut Convention Center, National Model Railroad Association, WTIC-TV/WTXX-TV, and Tribune Television Company from any claim, loss, liability, damage or injury of any kind arising from their participation in the Sweepstakes of their receipt or use of the Sweepstakes prize. This Sweepstakes shall be governed and enforced pursuant to Connecticut law, excluding choice of law provisions.
7. INTERNET: If for any reason, the Internet-related portion of this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, tampering, fraud, technical failure, or any other cause which corrupts or threatens the administration, security or integrity of the Sweepstakes, FOX 61 and Tribune Television Company reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to terminate or suspend the Sweepstakes or any portion of the Sweepstakes. ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE FAIR AND LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES. Information submitted in entries, including entrant's name, address, e-mail, etc., may be used by FOX 61 and Tribune Television Company for marketing or promotional purposes.
8. FOR A COPY OF THE RULES: Write to, "National Train Show! Sweepstakes Rules"; FOX 61 WTIC-TV, 20 Church Street, Hartford, CT 06103. For a list of Winners write to, "National Train Show! Sweepstakes Winners"; FOX 61 WTIC-TV, 20 Church Street, Hartford, CT 06103. All requests for rules and Winners' lists must be received by Friday, July 10, 2009.
9. SPONSORS: FOX61 WTIC-TV, 20 Church Street, Hartford, CT 06103 and National Model Railroad Association, Inc., 4121 Cromwell Rd., Chattanooga, TN 37421.Copyright © 2014, Los Angeles Times