On "Ugly Betty" Victoria Beckham was praised for her stylish ways, but Mr. Blackwell isn't a fan.
The self-appointed arbiter of fashion has released his 48th annual list of the worst dressed, aka his "Ten Titans of Taste-Terrors," and the Spice Girl brought a sour taste to his mouth:
"Forget the fashion spice -- wearing a skirt would suffice," quipped the oft-rhyming critic. "In one skinny-mini monstrosity after another, pouty posh can really wreck-em."
Although Mr. Blackwell exhibits obvious glee when it comes to dishing out his verdicts, this year he showed a gentler side when he decided to not mention Britney Spears, who was on his list last year.
"I felt that it was inappropriate at this time to make comment when her personal life is in such upheaval," he said. "I hope 2008 is a better year for her."
He was not so generous with the remainder of his list:
2) Amy Winehouse: "Exploding beehives above ... tacky polka-dots below... she's part '50s car-hop horror."
3) Mary Kate Olsen: "YIKES! In layers of cut-rate kitsch, Mary Kate's look is hard to explain... she resembles a tattered toothpick-trapped in a hurricane!"
4) Fergie: "Another style-free 'Fergie' in fashion's hall of shame? Yes, when it comes to couture chaos, guess it's all in a name!"
5) Kelly Clarkson: "Her heavenly voice soars above the rest... but those belly-baring bombs are hellish at best! She may be the queen of 'Pro-Active' - but that wardrobe looks downright radioactive!"
6) Eva Green: "Stuck in neon nightmares not fit for the sane. Fashion this loud could give Bond a migraine! A profusion of confusion from toes to nose!"
7) Avril Lavigne: "Gothic make-up courtesy the mad spatula -- Fashions provided by ...The house of Dracula!"
8) Jessica Simpson: "Forget the Cowboys. In prom queen screams, can it get any worse? She's a global fashion curse!"
9) Lindsay Lohan: "Lindsay the fashion frenzy strikes again! Lohan takes fashion to a new low."
10) Alison Arngrim: "Little Nellie of the prairie, looks like a 1940s fashion editor for the Farmers Almanac."
And just so these women know whom to emulate after this slap on the wrist, Blackwell also points out which celebrities are doing it right. This year, his hat's off to: Reese Witherspoon, Jemima Khan, Beyonce, Angelina Jolie, Helen Mirren, Nicole Kidman, Katie Holmes, Kate Middleton, Katherine Heigl and Cate Blanchett.Copyright © 2014, Los Angeles Times