For the official from the Nobel Institute in Oslo, who said that Ronald Reagan had been a "very serious" contender for the peace prize (Part I, Sept. 30), I have five questions.
1. Is this the same Ronald Reagan who blundered into Lebanon, wasting the lives of 240 Marines?
2. Is this the same Ronald Reagan who tried to assassinate Moammar Kadafi by bombing Libya only to end up killing a lot of innocent people instead?
3. Is this the same Ronald Reagan who unleashed the fury of the mighty American armed forces against Grenada, a tiny island about the size of Barstow?
4. Is this the same Ronald Reagan who tried to reinforce a group of radical revolutionaries--the Nicaraguan rebels--by secretly selling deadly weapons to a group of revolutionary radicals--the Iranians?
5. Have the Norwegians come up with a new definition for the word "peace"?