Each word is taken from the vanity plate master list issued by the DMV*
NOOZ ITEM: SANN 4NANDO VLY BZNESS
LEADERS ASSERT 2MANY WANABEE NTRYLVL
WORKERZ KANT EVEN FILLE OWT JOB 4MS!
RYT DUH ANSA TU EEAACCH
QESTION BELOW. SPELLEN KOUNTZ.
ONE: DSCRIBE DMOMENT DEZTINI CALLED
YOU UND SED "ONEDAY YOU2 WILLB MAKIN
PHRENCH FRYES ATA FSTFOOD RSTRANT."
TWO: WHOOO RRRE ZE FRNCHE FRY COOKS
FROMMD PAST DATYA HOPE2 EMUL8?
THREEEE: WUT SPESHLL QUALTYS DOYA
BRING 2DJOB OF DEEEEP PHRYNE POTATOS?
FORRRE: PHRENCH FRIESZ AR THESIDE DISH
OFD GODS, THERE4 KETCHUP ISDA
(BLANKK) UV DE GDS.
FIVE: MAKA LISTA ALLA DA AWARDS, PRIZES
OANDD MEDALS YOUUU HAVE WON, ESP
DOZE ZAT REL8 2FRENCH FREIS.
SIXX: ISAY POTATOE ANDYOU SAI
POTATO. WIL DIS HAVA MPACT ONN UR
DATSALL. NOW GO2 ZROOM ONYRLFT, PEA
N2 ACUPP ANNDD W8FORUS 2CALL.
* For translation of PL8SK please see Page 31
(BEGIN TEXT OF INFOBOX / INFOGRAPHIC)
Get a Job
* News item: San Fernando Valley business leaders assert too many wannabe entry-level workers can't even fill out job forms!*Write the answer to each question below. Spelling counts.
* One: Describe the moment destiny called you and said, "One day, you too will be making French fries at a fast-food restaurant."
* Two: Who are the French fry cooks from the past that you hope to emulate?
* Three: What special qualities do you bring to the job of deep-frying potatoes?
* Four: French fries are the side dish of the gods. Therefore, catsup is the (blank) of the gods.
* Five: Make a list of all the awards, prizes, oh, and medals you have won, especially those that relate to French fries.
* Six: I say pototoe and you say potato. Will this have an impact on your job performance?
* That's all. Now go to the room on your left, pee into a cup and wait for us to call.