* Barbara DeMarco Barrett will interview children’s book author Janelle Cannon (“Stellaluna”) and literary agent Steve Malk at 6 p.m. today on KUCI (88.9 FM) in Irvine.
* John Gobbell will sign his techno-thriller “Code for Tomorrow” at 6:30 p.m. Thursday at Latitude 33 Bookshop, 311 Ocean Ave., Laguna Beach.
* The Rude Guerrilla Theater Company will present a reading of Jordan R. Young’s “Picasso’s Mustache,” a new full-length comedy about Salvador Dali and Pablo Picasso, at 8 p.m. Saturday at the Empire Theater, 200 N. Broadway, Santa Ana. Suggested donation: $5.
* Dale Furutani will sign “Jade Palace Vendetta” at 1 p.m. Saturday at Book Carnival, 348 S. Tustin Ave., Orange.
* George E. Hobart will discuss and sign “Discount Affairs: The Insiders Guide” at 2 p.m. Saturday at Barnes & Noble, 13712 Jamboree Road, Irvine.
* Georgia Shakti-Hill will discuss and sign “Sharing the Light: A Guide to Living in Balance in Mind, Body, Spirit” at 2 p.m. Saturday at Borders Books and Music, 1890 Newport Blvd., Costa Mesa.
* Lorin Roche will discuss and sign “Meditation Made Easy” at 7 p.m. Saturday at Borders Books and Music, 429 Associated Road, Brea.
* Dale Furutani will discuss and sign “Jade Palace Vendetta” at 1 p.m. Sunday and John Morgan Wilson will discuss and sign “Justice at Risk” at 3 p.m. Sunday at Coffee, Tea & Mystery, 13232 Springdale St., Westminster.
* Poet Lee Mallory will combine a reading of his poetry with stories of Charles Bukowski and other poets at 8 p.m. Monday at the Urban Cafe, 207 S. El Camino Real, San Clemente. Poets J.D. Glasscock and Clay Leeds also will read.
Send information about book-related events at least 10 days before event to: Dennis McLellan, O.C. Books & Authors, Southern California Living, The Times, 1375 Sunflower Ave., Costa Mesa, CA 92626. Or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.