Good morning, 818 readers! Today is Saturday, Feb. 8, 2014. Weather in the Glendale area is expected to hit a high of 66 degrees and a low of 51.
We're rounding up the top headlines in the region:
- Los Angeles County transportation officials presented several alternatives this week for a new overpass and other road work in the San Fernando Corridor that would pave the way for the closure of one of the most dangerous street-level crossings in the area and prepare for the planned California High-Speed Rail.
- Fred Brendel, a longtime Burbank Unified elementary teacher, passed away recently, school officials announced Wednesday.
- Despite landing fees and parking revenues coming in lower than anticipated, Bob Hope Airport managed to end last fiscal year almost $150,000 ahead of budget projections, buoyed by rentals and film-shoot fees, according to a financial report released this week.
- A contentious Burbank City Council meeting Tuesday where residents continued to protest transitional and supportive housing in residential neighborhoods ended with city officials promising more community outreach and communication with state legislators about the city’s stance on the issue.
- Follow La Cañada High graduate Kate Hansen as she sets off on her Olympic journey at the Winter Games for the U.S. luge team. The schedule can be found here.
-- Sameea Kamal, email@example.com
Follow on Twitter: @SameeaKamal.