Good morning, 818 readers! Today is Friday, February 27, 2014.
Here's our roundup of the top headlines in the area:
- The body of a man found on the Foothill (210) Freeway in Pasadena early Wednesday was identified as 40-year-old La Cañada Flintridge resident Jeremy Hill, according to the county coroner's office.
- A 28-year-old Lancaster woman pleaded not guilty Wednesday to charges that she struck a 5-year-old boy while driving drunk with her 2-year-old son in her car, and later attempted to flee the scene, authorities said.
- As Burbank students prepare to take a set of computerized exams — part of a multistate standardized testing effort called Common Core — administrators are rushing to buy equipment, spending $90,000 in state funds to purchase about 120 laptops and headphones.
- This school year marked a special time in history for the students of Flintridge Sacred Heart Academy, as a small contingent of women have formed the first Black Student Union at the high school.
- Prosecutors charged a Sunland man on Thursday with reportedly stalking and threatening a married woman who hired him to perform construction work at her Glendale home, officials said.
-- Sameea Kamal, firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow on Twitter: @SameeaKamal.