Good morning readers. Today is Tuesday, April 1 -- beware of the April Fools' jokes out there! Here's your daily roundup of the top headlines from the area:
- The body of a man was found Monday in a suitcase that was dumped in a wash near Glorietta Park, police said.
- A Burbank deli sold a winning Mega Millions ticket for Friday’s drawing that’s worth $344,779.
- A cold storm front coming from the Gulf of Alaska was expected to deliver rain and lower temperatures to Southern California beginning Monday, prompting preparation for possible mud flows in areas scarred by recent wildfires, according to KTLA.
- Last minute enrollees clogged Covered California’s website today, leading officials to allow consumers who couldn’t start an application online by the 11:59 p.m. deadline to meet with certified agents in person or by phone Tuesday to enroll by April 15.
- An estimated 17 million people felt Friday's magnitude 5.1 quake centered in La Habra.