Advertisement

Garage fire on Chehalem caused by overheated light bulb, officials say

Garage fire on Chehalem caused by overheated light bulb, officials say
Firefighters were called Saturday to a home on the 800 block of Chehalem Road in La Cañada, where an overheated light bulb caused a garage fire. (La Cañada Valley Sun)

Firefighters with Los Angeles County Fire Department stations No. 19 and 82 were called Saturday to a home on the 800 block of Chehalem Road in La Cañada, where an overheated light bulb caused a garage fire, officials reported Tuesday.

Maria Grycan, a community services liaison for L.A. County Fire Department's Division III, confirmed a call of an accidental residential fire came in at around 3:42 p.m. on Saturday.

Advertisement

Units from Station No. 63 in La Crescenta and Altadena's Station No. 11 joined in and knocked down the fire, which is thought to have caused an estimated $45,000 of damage to the property and an additional $10,000 in damage to the contents of the garage, according to Grycan.

The blaze, she said, was completely contained to the home's garage and caused no injuries.

Advertisement

Twitter: @SaraCardine

Advertisement
Advertisement