A faulty transformer was blamed for a fire that caused about $7,000
worth of damage to a Magnolia Boulevard hair salon Friday morning,
The fire started about 9:50 a.m. inside Olga’s Best Hair Shop,
3210 W. Magnolia Blvd. and was put out a short time later, Burbank
Fire Capt. Bob Reinhardt said.
Reinhardt identified a faulty transformer that powers a neon sign
as the cause of the fire, which sustained fire damage to a window and
chairs and smoke damage to the walls.
The salon’s owner was opening the salon when she saw the fire
through the front window. An unidentified passerby extinguished the
flames, and firefighters ventilated the building, authorities said.
A window and chairs were damaged by the fire, and the walls were
damaged by smoke.