Copyright © 2019, Los Angeles Times | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
Advertisement
Share
News

Hair salon fire knocked down quickly

A faulty transformer was blamed for a fire that caused about $7,000

worth of damage to a Magnolia Boulevard hair salon Friday morning,

authorities said.

The fire started about 9:50 a.m. inside Olga’s Best Hair Shop,

Advertisement

3210 W. Magnolia Blvd. and was put out a short time later, Burbank

Fire Capt. Bob Reinhardt said.

Reinhardt identified a faulty transformer that powers a neon sign

as the cause of the fire, which sustained fire damage to a window and

Advertisement

chairs and smoke damage to the walls.

The salon’s owner was opening the salon when she saw the fire

through the front window. An unidentified passerby extinguished the

flames, and firefighters ventilated the building, authorities said.

A window and chairs were damaged by the fire, and the walls were

damaged by smoke.

Jackson Bell


Advertisement