Q. Is registration necessary
A. Users will be required to register on the site in order to comment on stories, upload photos within photo galleries, or rate content on the site. Users can register by selecting the register link which can be located at the top of every page.
Q. Do I need to be logged in to comment
A. Only registered users will be able to comment on items within the site. Registered users will be prompted to login before a comment can be posted to the site.
Q. What are your sites commenting policies
A. We do reserve the right to remove any user or user’s comments that are identified as inappropriate, for more on our commenting policy and the user assumption of risk click here.
* If the photo or video depicts any children under the age of 13, you affirm that you have written permission from the child’s parent or guardian to provide the photo or video.
Do not provide User Content that:
* contains copyrighted or other proprietary material of any kind without the express permission of the owner of that material.
* contains vulgar, profane, abusive, racist or hateful language or expressions, epithets or slurs, text, photographs or illustrations in poor taste, inflammatory attacks of a personal, racial or religious nature.
* is defamatory, threatening, disparaging, grossly inflammatory, false, misleading, fraudulent, inaccurate, unfair, contains gross exaggeration or unsubstantiated claims, violates the privacy rights of any third party, is unreasonably harmful or offensive to any individual or community.
* violates any right of glendalenewspress.com or any third party.
* discriminates on the grounds of race, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation or disability, or refers to such matters in any manner prohibited by law.
* violates or encourages the violation of any municipal, state, federal or international law, rule, regulation or ordinance.
* interferes with any third party’s uninterrupted use of glendalenewspress.com.
* advertises, promotes or offers to trade any goods or services, except in areas specifically designated for such purpose.
* uses or attempt to use another’s Registration Account, password, service or system except as expressly permitted by the Terms of Service.
* uploads or transmits viruses or other harmful, disruptive or destructive files, material or code.
* disrupts, interferes with, or otherwise harms or violates the security of glendalenewspress.com, or any services, system resources, accounts, passwords, servers or networks connected to or accessible through glendalenewspress.com or affiliated or linked sites.
* “flames” any individual or entity (e.g., sends repeated messages related to another user and/or makes derogatory or offensive comments about another individual), or repeats prior posting of the same message under multiple threads or subjects.
Q. Why do I not see the photo that I just uploaded to the site
A. There can be a couple of different reasons for this
• All photos that are uploaded are moderated (meaning they must be approved before they can appear on the site). This process takes time due to the volume of photos that are uploaded. We appreciate your patience, and ask that you do not try to upload the same photo repeatedly.
• Your photo has violated the sites content policy or does not follow the theme of the content group. We have the respect the rest of the user community when dealing with images that do not conform to standards of our site.
Q. Why does my photo look smaller or a bit distorted after I posted it
A. There are restrictions as to the maximum dimensions of a submitted photo (500 pixels by 500 pixels) as well as the file size (no larger than 2MG). All submitted photos that fall outside of these parameters will be resized or compressed in order to meet the site standards.
Q. Are there certain file formats that I must use for my photo uploads
A. Users are current limited to the following image file formats: jpg, gif, and png