Residents on the 2200 block of Olive Avenue were evacuated from their homes for a short time Friday night as Burbank police officers assisted the Los Angeles Police Department’s SWAT team.
Burbank Police said they were called at about 8:40 p.m. to assist detectives from the LAPD who were searching for a suspect wanted in connection with an assault with a firearm that had occurred in North Hollywood earlier in the evening.
The suspect was thought to be living on a residence on Olive, police said.
After numerous attempts were made to contact any occupants of the residence, the SWAT made entry where it was discovered that the suspect had fled prior to the officers’ arrival.
The evacuated Burbank residents returned to their homes shortly thereafter.
The case remains under investigation by the Los Angeles Police Department.
-- Maria Hsin, Times Community News