Officials say electrical wiring caused fire at Burbank triplex

The fire that ripped through a Burbank triplex on Wednesday was reportedly caused by an electrical wiring malfunction and caused an estimated $560,000 in damage, authorities said.

When firefighters arrived to the 700 block of East Palm Avenue Wednesday afternoon, the attic was fully engulfed in flames. Shortly after, the blaze burned through the roof and caused it to collapse into the structure, said Burbank Fire Capt. Peter Hendrickson.

Roughly 50 firefighters battled the blaze, he added. Authorities cleared the scene at 8 p.m., though one firefighter remained there overnight to keep "fire watch."

No injuries were reported.

-- Alene Tchekmedyian,

Follow on Google+ and on Twitter: @atchek.


IKEA: Burbank council approves construction for Swedish company's largest U.S. store

Second, separate Burbank fire Wednesday leads to evacuation at Senior Aerospace

Art Wave to close in Burbank

Copyright © 2019, Burbank Leader
EDITION: California | U.S. & World