Fire causes $50,000 in damage to home being renovated

A fire has caused $50,000 in damage to a Laguna Beach house under renovation, Fire Chief Jeff LaTendresse said Wednesday.

No one was injured in the blaze, which began Sunday night in the water heater closet of a home in the 31900 block of Virginia Way, he said.

No one was living in the home and authorities aren't sure how the fire started, he said. The incident is under investigation.

— Bryce Alderton

Twitter: @AldertonBryce

Copyright © 2018, Los Angeles Times
EDITION: California | U.S. & World