Los Angeles Times

Glendale house fire caused by plastic container left on kitchen stove

A fire that severely damaged a Glendale home on Friday was started by a plastic container that was left stove, officials said.

No firefighters were injured in the blaze, but a resident of the home was taken to Glendale Adventist Medical Center for treatment after being exposed to “combustion products,” according to the Glendale Fire Department.

The fire started about 1:03 p.m. on the 1300 block of North Jackson Street inside the two-story home’s kitchen.

Structural and content damage was estimated at $260,000.

-- Veronica Rocha, Times Community News

Follow Veronica Rocha on Google+ and on Twitter: @VeronicaRochaLA.


Copyright © 2015, Los Angeles Times