Good morning, 818 readers. Today is Wednesday, June 18, 2014. Weather in the Glendale area is expected to reach a high of 77 and a low of 60 degrees with patchy fog forecasted throughout the day.
Your top news stories today:
- Nielsen has widened its investigation into a ratings scandal in Los Angeles and uncovered evidence that a Univision Communications radio executive allegedly manipulated the ratings.
- Bob Hope Airport officials on Monday approved a balanced budget for next fiscal year even though revenues are projected to remain relatively flat — and they didn't have to raise airline landing fees.
- A water-main break in the parking lot of the Burbank Fire Department's training facility on Ontario Street caused road closures in the residential area on Ontario Street and Fairview Street between Victory Boulevard and Pacific Avenue.
- A 51-year-old Glendale woman who allegedly drove over a pedestrian’s foot was arrested for a suspected felony hit-and-run after turning herself in on Friday, police said.
- Police are asking for help in identifying a woman who allegedly stole two Apple Macbook laptops and an iPad from Edison Elementary School during a graduation ceremony.
-- Sameea Kamal, firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow on Twitter: @SameeaKamal.