Good morning, readers in the 818-region! Today is Tuesday, May 20, 2014. Today the high is expected to reach 72 and low 56 in the Glendale area, according to National Weather Service forecasters.
Your top news headlines this morning include:
- Police are searching for a man who allegedly robbed a Chase Bank located at 500 N. Glendale Ave. on Monday and made off with an undisclosed amount of money.
- A 26-year-old Sacramento woman was arrested Saturday in Burbank after she allegedly chased a man who didn’t pay her for providing him sexual services, intentionally ramming her car into his, police said.
- A bicyclist was in critical condition Monday after he was struck by a vehicle in Burbank on Sunday night, officials said.
- Flames from a burning car sparked a half-acre brush fire near the Foothill (210) Freeway and Sunland Boulevard Monday afternoon.
- Following a 10-week regular season, the Crescenta Valley High, Flintridge Prep and Hoover baseball teams have begun preparations for the CIF Southern Section playoffs.
- Ikea, the home furnishings store of choice for college dorms and bachelor pads around the world, is creating a new museum that is expected to open in the fall of 2015.
-- Nicole Charky, email@example.com
Follow on Twitter: @Nicosharki.