Good morning readers! Today is Monday, April 21. As you work off that sugar crash from all that Easter candy, check out these headlines from around the region:
- To the chargin of locals, Ernie Jr.’s Taco House closed for the last time on Saturday. Many lifelong fans flocked to the eatery last week for their last chance to munch on its Mexican fare. Glendale News-Press
- A design firm presented an $18-million, 20-year plan last week to renovate the city's outdoor Starlight Bowl amphitheater, which representatives of the firm called "drastically underutilized" and "slightly tired" in terms of its physical condition and programming. Burbank Leader
- Unemployment rates in Burbank and Glendale saw a slight decline last month with professional and business services as well as administrative and support services adding the most jobs – 15,100 and 10,700 positions, respectively, across Los Angeles County, according to the latest labor report. Glendale News-Press
- Sarah Luna wants to buy a home in up-and-coming northeast Los Angeles before it's too late. At 31, she has a master's degree and earns more than $70,000 as a court reporter and freelance editor. She daydreams about trading the Glendale apartment she shares for a little condo, maybe in Echo Park or Highland Park. Los Angeles Times
- Gas likely will remain above $4 a gallon until September, according to experts. The average gas price in Los Angeles was $4.31 a gallon on Sunday, up 12 cents from the week before. KTLA
-- Dan Evans, firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow on Twitter: @EditorDanEvans.