Good morning readers in the 818 region! Today is a patchy, foggy Tuesday, June 24, 2014. The high in Glendale could reach 84 and low of 62, according to the National Weather Service.
Your top news headlines this morning:
- A brush fire burning in the hills north of Glendale was about 40% contained, fire officials said late Monday afternoon.
- A memorial service for Green Beret Staff Sgt. Scott Studenmund, who died June 9 during military engagement in Afghanistan, drew about 1,100 mourners to the Flintridge Preparatory School campus on Saturday.
- Japanese retailer UNIQLO plans to open a Glendale Gallerica location in September.
- A 21-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of vandalism after he allegedly broke an intercom and ripped out roughly 25 plants in front of a Burbank business last week, police said on Monday.
- A man and woman allegedly attempted to remove copper products from a railroad car in the Burbank area on Saturday afternoon, police said.
-- Nicole Charky, firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow on Twitter: @NicoleCharky.