Good morning, 818 readers. Today is Wednesday, July 9, 2014. The high predicted for Glendale is 85 and low of 66, according to National Weather Service experts.
Your top regional news:
- The headquarters for the Glendale chapter of Moose International since the 1920s was sold this week and though many of its amenities, like the bar, will remain, it’s unclear what kind of use the property will see in the near future.
- Police have released surveillance photos of two suspects from an alleged shoplifting incident at Nordstrom Rack in May.
- Glendale school officials will likely remove students' class rankings from transcripts, due to certain colleges and universities automatically turning students away for not falling within the top 10% of their class, even though those kids still attained a high GPA.
- INTERACTIVE: Most city employees don’t live in Glendale, and while top officials would prefer the statistics to be flipped, the constraints of reality make that ideal difficult to capture.
- Southern Californians who travel on Megabus can now reserve the seat of their choice -- for a fee. Taking a page from the airline playbook, Megabus will charge travelers who want premium seats, such as those with a table or in the upper deck, on its double-decker buses, the Los Angeles Times reports.