The Orange County Chapter of the Association of Fundraising Professionals is on the lookout for philanthropists who will be honored at the 2013 National Philanthropy Day Orange County Awards Luncheon.
Submissions are due by May 24.
This year’s theme “Giving is always in season in the OC,” will be celebrated from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. November 21 at the Hyatt Regency Irvine, 17900 Jamboree Road.
Last year’s Lifetime Achievement recipient Joann Leatherby will be the honorary chair at the upcoming 28th annual ceremony.
Since its genesis in 1986, over 1000 citizens including Henry and Susan Samueli, Henry Segerstrom, Doug Freeman and Marion Knott, have been recognized on National Philanthropy Day Orange County.
Nine honorees, from the following categories, will be tapped in late July:
• Outstanding Lifetime Achievement
• Outstanding Founder
• Outstanding Philanthropic Group
• Outstanding Philanthropist
• Outstanding Volunteer Fundraiser
• Outstanding Youth or Youth Group (under 21 years of age)
• Outstanding Large Corporation or Business (more than 500 employees)
• Outstanding Mid-Size Corporation or Business (51 to 499 employees)
• Outstanding Small Corporation or Business (fewer than 50 employees)
All nominees will be given a recognition letter from National Philanthropy Day founder Doug Freeman, while one outstanding honoree in each category will receive an award at the luncheon.