Copyright © 2019, Los Angeles Times | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
Advertisement
Share
News

Faulty heater sends couple to hospital

Gretchen Hoffman

NORTHEAST GLENDALE -- Glendale Fire paramedics responding to a call of

a woman complaining of dizziness and nausea evacuated the home after

smelling a strange odor, officials said.

Advertisement

Firefighters responded to a home in the 2100 block of Glen Ivy Drive

at about 8:45 a.m. on Sunday, officials said. Additional firefighters

were called to the scene after an engineer noticed the smell of gas,

officials said.

Advertisement

The woman, 50, and her husband, 48, were taken to Glendale Memorial

Hospital and treated for carbon monoxide poisoning, officials said.

Further information on their conditions was not known.

Southern California Gas officials who came to the home said the

heating system is outdated and no longer legal in California, Glendale

Fire Capt. Robert Doyle said.

Fire officials urge residents to contact their gas company if they

have any unusual problems with heating devices and to call 911 if they

Advertisement

detect the odor of gas, Doyle said.


Advertisement