ANTHONY WILLIAM FELDMANN
Anthony William Feldmann, a former Glendale resident, died April 12,
2002, at his home in Klamath Falls, Ore.
Mr. Feldmann was born June 30, 1918, in New York City.
He served in the U.S. Army during World War II, and was transferred to
the U.S. Air Force after the war and was honorably discharged in 1948.
He graduated from UC Davis with a bachelor’s degree and doctorate of
He moved to Glendale and was the owner of the Gateway Animal Hospital.
In 1994, he received a Lifetime Achievement Award from the American
Feldmann was a member and past president of the Glendale Rotary Club.
He was on the board of directors of the Salvation Army.
Following his retirement, he moved to Long Beach and was a member of
the Long Beach Yacht Club, Ham Operators Club and Bayshore Church. He
served as a volunteer for yachting during the Olympic Games in Los
He is survived by his wife of 60 years, Marion; children, Patricia
Thomas of Auburn, Robert Feldmann of Bainbridge Island, Wash., and Laurie
Pellegrino of Oregon; seven grandchildren; and five great-grandchildren.
A memorial service will be held at a later date.
Wards’s Klamath Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
JOHN DOUGLAS MACARTHUR
John Douglas MacArthur, 71, a former Glendale resident, died March 11,
Mr. MacArthur was born June 15, 1930, in Los Angeles.
He graduated in 1948 from Hoover High School.
He was employed as a California certified nurseryman.
He was a member of the American Legion Post 519 and the Desert Rose
He is survived by his daughter and son-in-law, Susan and Joseph
Rodrigues of Alaska; sister and brother-in-law, Georgia and Monty Ward of
Oceanside; nephews, Greg Ward of Tujunga and Randy Ward of Alta Loma and
Bob and Bill Bomar of Florida; grandnephews, Josh Ward of La Verne and
Steven Ward of Alta Loma; grandnieces, Cariann Angel of San Gabriel and
Heather Ward of Alta Loma; great-grandnephew, Gage Ward of La Verne; and
great-grandniece, Savannah Angel of San Gabriel.
His parents and sister died before him.
Funeral arrangements were by Palm Springs Mortuaries Mausoleum and
Crematory were in charge of arrangements.