House fire causes $140,000 in damage

A blaze that broke out Tuesday inside a Salem Street home caused about $140,000 in damage, officials said.

The fire started about 12:20 p.m. in the rear of the home in the 500 block of Salem Street, Glendale Fire Capt. Stuart Stefani said. No one was injured in the blaze.

Fire crews put out the blaze in 14 minutes, but two rooms in the home sustained extensive smoke damage.

Arson investigators determined the blaze was accidental, Stefani said.

Firefighters discovered the home was not equipped with smoke detectors. Stefani advised residents to outfit their homes with smoke detectors, and to ensure the devices are properly working.

Copyright © 2019, Glendale News-Press
EDITION: California | U.S. & World