Stove fire causes $90,000 in damage

A fourth-story apartment sustained $90,000 in damage Sunday after a stove fire destroyed the kitchen and living room, police said.

No one was injured in the fire Sunday night in the 300 block of West Glenoaks Boulevard, said Glendale Fire Battalion Chief Gregory Godfrey.

The apartment’s resident, who was not home at the time, likely left food on the stove, which started the blaze, he said.

The fire destroyed about $30,000 in contents and caused another $55,000 in damage to the apartment.

Veronica Rocha

Copyright © 2019, Glendale News-Press
EDITION: California | U.S. & World
65°