It's Tuesday, Jan. 7, 2014. Here are the top headlines from your area, readers:
- Coroner's officials identified the 55-year-old Los Angeles man who was killed in a motorcycle crash on Angeles Crest Highway on Sunday afternoon, near milemarker 45.
- Los Angeles County Department of Public Works extended its deadline for the Devil's Gate Dam sediment removal project feedback to January 21.
- Police are looking for a suspect who robbed the Burbank yogurt shop Froyo Bliss at gunpoint on Sunday afternoon. The man, described by police as white, roughly 6 feet tall, with a “thin build” reportedly left the Victory Boulevard store with hundreds of dollars.
- Los Angeles County Sheriff Lee Baca threw his support behind a proposal by two county supervisors to set up an oversight commission for the Sheriff's Department, which has recently receieved allegations of widespread misconduct and abuse, the Los Angeles Times reports.
- The party is over at one Glendale home. The owner of a roughly 4,000-square-foot home advertised as “party central” on Airbnb.com, an online vacation rental platform, has agreed to stop renting the house specifically for parties after having six festivities shut down by police since October.
-- Nicole Charky, email@example.com
Follow on Twitter: @Nicosharki.