Good morning, 818 readers. Today is Wednesday, Jan. 22, 2014 and National Weather Service forecasters predict Glendale will see a high around 83 and low at 50.
We're rounding up the top news headlines in your region.
- Burbank police identified a 77-year-old woman found dead in the alley of her apartment complex in the 4000 block of West Victory Boulevard on Monday as Maria Diaz. Her 40-year-old son, Moises Diaz, was arrested on suspicion of murder and held in lieu of $1 million bail. The pair reportedly lived together.
- The civil rights and excessive force case against the Los Angeles Police Department began Tuesday for La Cañada resident Brian Mulligan, a former Universal and Deutsche Bank executive. A judge will allow a recording of Mulligan acknowledging he used bath salts to be used only for impeachment purposes in his civil rights trial against LAPD for beating him during an arrest. The decision means Mulligan's statements to Glendale police two days before the LAPD arrest could be used only if he contradicts them in court, the Los Angeles Times reports.
- The adult film industry meets for three days starting on Wednesday to discuss legal issues facing the industry and new technology at XBIZ 360 Adult Industry conference at the W Hollywood Hotel, according to Los Angeles Daily News.
- A Los Angeles man has been banned for three years from the Glendale Galleria after he allegedly masturbated behind an unsuspecting female customer inside Macy’s, police said.
- A man donning a fake beard robbed two Chevron gas stations in Burbank over the weekend, and police believe he was also involved in two robberies at a frozen yogurt shop in recent weeks.
- A federal prosecutor on Tuesday filed a felony charge against three men accused of setting a campfire that grew and devoured 1,952 acres in the hills above Glendora and Azusa, injured six people, destroyed five homes and 10 other structures and forced thousands to evacuate.
-- Nicole Charky, firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow on Twitter: @Nicosharki.
-- Sameea Kamal, email@example.com
Follow on Twitter: @SameeaKamal.