818 readers, good morning. Today is Tuesday, Feb. 11. National Weather Service forecasters predict Glendale will have a high near 78 and low around 48. A calm, southwest wind is expected throughout the day.
Here are the top headlines in your region:
- Firefighters knocked down a three-alarm blaze that ripped through a Glendale strip mall just before noon on Monday. No one was injured. The cause and damage estimate were not immediately available.
- La Cañada Flintridge Olympian Kate Hansen will compete in luge at 6:30 a.m. (PST) Tuesday morning in Sochi, Russia. She completed her first run, placing 10th, early Monday. Hometown fans and friends cheered for Hansen—who is now known internationally for her ritual, warm-up dance moves—at Los Gringos in La Cañada.
- What does the Seine have in common with the Los Angeles River? Love locks.
- Antique shotguns and golf clubs were stolen in two separate residential burglaries in Burbank over the weekend.
- Dumb Starbucks in Los Feliz was shut down by the Los Angeles County Health Department Monday night, just hours after the owner revealed himself as a Comedy Central show host, the Los Angeles Times reports.
-- Nicole Charky, email@example.com
Follow on Twitter: @Nicosharki.