Good morning, 818 readers. Today is Wednesday, March 5, 2014. The Glendale area will have a high of 71 and low of 53, according to the National Weather Service.
- The much-debated parcel tax received more than the two-thirds of the vote it required to pass, the County Clerk's office announced last night.
- While last weekend’s wet weather was a welcome reprieve, it wasn’t enough to wash away a statewide drought that is tracking close to the worst one ever in California’s history, said a representative from Glendale’s water supplier on Monday.
- The number of passengers making their way through Bob Hope Airport in January climbed 3% from the same time a year ago, marking the second straight month of increases following a six-month string of declines, according to the latest passenger report.
- A proposed mixed-use project along Colorado Street that was voted down by the City Council last June because it was too big has been scaled down and the public can comment on its draft environmental impact report through Monday.
- The city of Burbank reached an agreement with the Burbank management union in which its employees will pay their full employee pension contributions, a move that is expected to save city coffers more than half a million dollars through 2015.
- The famed pizza delivery man from the Oscars, a Glendale resident, recounted his 15 minutes of fame at a City Council meeting in Glendale.
-- Sameea Kamal, firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow on Twitter: @SameeaKamal.