Good morning, 818 readers. It's Friday, March 7, 2014 and the sun is slated to return just in time for the weekend. National Weather Service forecasters predict the high will be 76 and low will be 52 in the Glendale area.
Here are some of the top headlines in your region this morning:
- A Burbank police officer pleaded guilty Thursday to lying to federal authorities who were investigating an alleged plot involving his girlfriend and her estranged husband.
- Glendale has held on to more than 50 arcade games, which have been collecting dust in storage for roughly three years. The machines will be appraised by a specialist and then sold at auction, according to a City Council decision made this week at a City Hall meeting.
- Disney Interactive, the struggling video game and digital media subsidiary of Walt Disney Co., is cutting roughly 700 jobs worldwide, the company announced on Thursday.
- Bronze plaques commemorating two former mayors of La Cañada Flintridge were unveiled Monday at Mayors’ Discovery Park on Foothill Boulevard this week.
- Passenger numbers climbed 3% in January from the same time a year ago at Bob Hope Airport, marking the second straight month of increases following a six-month string of declines, according to the latest passenger report.
-- Nicole Charky, email@example.com
Follow on Twitter: @Nicosharki.