Greetings, 818 readers. In the Glendale area today, the high will be 84 and low near 56, according to the National Weather Service.
Here are the top headlines in your region this morning:
- A bear visited a Chevy Chase Canyon neighborhood twice this week and destroyed an orange tree at a hillside home.
- La Cañada Unified School District's Measure LC parcel tax has officially passed, garnering 68.12% of the vote, according to certified results released Friday by the office of the Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk.
- Area home prices are holding steady, according to recently released real estate numbers. Glendale’s median home price maintained a four-month streak of keeping above the $700,000 mark in February with more homes and condominiums added to the housing inventory. The median home price for a Burbank home in February was more than $100,000 above what it was during the same time last year, while home and condo sale numbers are holding steady.
- The Glendale school board unanimously voted this week to extend Glendale Unified Supt. Dick Sheehan’s contract through 2018. The Glendale teachers union also reached a tentative agreement over a 3% pay raise.
- Dozens of hockey players of all ages flooded City Hall on Thursday to show support for the proposed reconstruction and expansion of the roller hockey rink at Ralph Foy Park.
-- Sameea Kamal, firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow on Twitter: @SameeaKamal.